So today was once again a relatively boring today; however, we did learn a lot. At the start of the days we had an all corps meeting where we had speakers from Planned Parenthood, the Police Department substitute, and learned about how our induction is going to go.
After that we had team specialty role training. I had to go to every session but not for every role. My team roles are Portfolio Editor - which for my team will mean basically writing essays about how they felt our spike missions worked or did not work out. My second role is as service learning initiator which seams somewhat interesting but very personal so I may not be up for that position. My last role is as yearbook rep - which is exactly as it sounds.
After class we played ultimate frisbee for PT and we failed at it :( it was really fun but as it had snowed earlier in the day it was very cold and I slipped and messed up my knee cap somehow. I will probably go to urgent care sometime tomorrow but I'm gonna wait it out and hope that it feels better by tomorrow.
After PT we had a small break then I had to go cook dinner with one other girl from my team. We cooked breaded chicken, brown red rice and breaded eggplant for the vegetarian member in our team. The rice took forever since I had never cooked brown rice and supposedly the altitude affects it - how I don't know. But everyone ate up the chicken and the rice and said it was good so wooh.
Tundra had clean up duty today which means that we have to clean all the kitchen and the pantry and the cafeteria. This is also when I noticed that one of my team members was completely slacking, but I am not one to stay quiet so I called him out and apparently a lot of people noticed that he was slacking as well because they kept on coming around and telling me good job. I detest when members of a team do not pull their weight, but it's even worse when we are working as a unit and other members notice this. I also had to call out another girl on my team because she did not want to do dishes and another member was just going to tell her off, but being the teacher that I am ( I really am a substitute teacher ) I nipped it in the but and got kudos from other unit TLs. I hate being bossy, but I am a person that will take charge and call someone out on it because I hope that someone will do the same to me and show me what I am doing wrong. I love being a teacher and my team will soon find out if you act like I child you will be treated and taught as a child : /

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.