Sunday, November 11, 2012

Recommended and Waitlisted!

So on the day of my assessment (October 4) I hear nothing from the NCCC - not that I was expecting, since when I called they told me that would happen. Then I have to wait a whole month later - until November 6 - when I get an email congratulating me that I have been recommended to AmeriCorps Winter Cycle 2013 and have been therefore put on the waitlist. In the email it states that within 5 - 7 business days I will receive an envelope with an enclosed packet that I have to fill out and return within ten days of the postmarked in order to be considered. Now at this point in time I was completely ecstatic to finally get a recommendation, but worried about the time constraint of getting everything together. The envelope arrived early (thankfully on November 10) so I am able to get everything filled out. There were three things in the packet: 1. the fingerprint card that we have to get filled out by a licensed livescan facility. The cost can run pretty high, the cheapest one I found was $67. 2. Medical history form which just asked me to fill out my health history for the past five years. There is no need to schedule a doctors appointment or anything. If you do answer any of the questions as yes then you just have to describe for what reason (i.e. emergency room visit, why?) then attach any forms necessary. 3. Demographic Survey. Technically you have to do this online so there is nothing you have to return, but it needs to be done 14 days from when the packet was postmarked. Lastly, a UPS envelope along with its packing slip is included; so I am guessing that that part is paid for; however you have to fill out all the necessary paperwork which can be easily done.


As the title expresses, I have been wait listed. Usually this would be a bad thing, but with AmeriCorps NCCC everyone is waitlisted. I was put on the "list" on November 6th. The email read as followed:
You have been placed on the NCCC waitlist.  Being placed on the NCCC waitlist means you will have a chance to serve if space become available at one of our campuses, or if another applicant drops out.  You will be notified if you are selected to serve.

You will be receiving a waitlist packet in the mail within the next few days.  This packet will contain a fingerprint card and a medical/mental health form.

You will have 10 business days from the date the package is received to return your paperwork.  If we do not receive your forms by this deadline, we will assume you are no longer interested in the program and you will be disqualified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.