Sunday, July 28, 2013

Random thoughts

As usual I have to say that work has been awesome and although we are probably going to get done pretty quick we are nonetheless glad to be helping out in any way that we can. This weekend was really laid back, instead of the usual drinking shenanigans most of our team decided to stay in. Yesterday we did a team ISL which included taking the Carl Jeung personality test and I know that I learned a lot about my teammates, but its not lays for the best. I personally thought that it caused tension within the teams especially as I am quite vocal when it comes to discussing anything in general. I thought it was pretty cool how my personality matched almost exactly, but how it also causes tension within the group because I am not like any of teammates at all. I mean I can get along with them and I do - most of the time - but if I don't get my way I can become rather annoyed however as all of them have pointed out I have always gotten my way in this program as I usually fight for I want and make reasonable suggestions as to why something should be done a certain way. Now comes the bad part of the personality tests; in made me apparent of all the weaknesses that my teammates and team leader have and both difficult and easy to see why they act in a certain manner. We are perhaps the most mature group in our unit as we only have one individual that is under drinking age, but even he is more mature mentally then some of my older teammates, so I know that they are so set in their ways that things cannot change. There are individuals that never know when to shut up. Some that are not willing to compromise. Some that are dependent on men 24/7. Others that care only about themselves and how they are perceived. Individuals that cannot speak up. Some that are too passive aggressive to actually accomplish what they want. And me who always has to voice her opinions, take charge of situations, and attempt to make sure that everyone is being included. My personality is affected by how I was raised and as I am a very private person, not that many people understand why I act in a certain manner. Life is funny in the way that you never know where you are going to end up, who is going to be your boss and how they a going to act, who you can trust, who will leave, and lastly when you will be done. I write this blog in order to capture my thoughts and also give others a glimpse of FEMA Corps, however, in no way should it sway you to join or not to join. It's a job where you will do a lot to help, but also one in which you will find yourself and learn to live with a random group of people. I can only hope that if I become a TL I can learn from this years mistakes and make my team understand the importance of each as an individual and as a member in a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.